Monday, February 2, 2015

Sew Finished February

Like many sewists, I have a to-do list a mile long and a heap of UFO’s (UnFinished Objects) taking up valuable space in my sewing room. Seriously, it's a bit out of control.

So for the dreariest and shortest month of the year, I’m taking control of the Unfinished. That’s right, welcome to Sew Finished February! I will not allow myself to start any new projects in the month of February. I will only allow myself to work on my sewing WIP’s or Works In Progress.


Rather than go it alone, I’d like for you to join me. As an official sewing challenge from me to you, here are the rules:

  • The project must have been started prior to Feb. 1, 2015. “Started” means at least one piece of fabric has been cut out. Anything beyond that is great.
  • You must have stopped working on it before it was finished.
  • You must finish the project by midnight on Feb 28th 2015.
  • Share your project with me. You can either email me or tag it with #sewfinishedfeb.
  • Tell us a few things about the project, including:
    • when you started it
    • what point you were at in the project when you stopped (and started again)
    • why you stopped working on it (Where you angry at it? Was it confusing? Did you just have bigger fish to fry that day?)
    • all the basics like pattern, fit, fabric, etc.
  • Check back the first week of March to see the round-up of everyone’s finished projects! (Note: if you write a blog post about your project, be sure to include a link for me to add.)


Now, if you’re anything like me, you have more than one UFO or WIP to choose from. That’s okay. You are welcome to finish more than one! The more the merrier!

If your project turns into the epic fail that some projects are destined for, never fear, it happens. You can share that too if you want. That’s up to you. If I have a fail this month, I promise to share it. Really. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment